Thursday, February 3, 2011

shirin neshat (and those eyes)

I thought I was walking away from a t.v. commercial break while watching a PBS series called Circus (phenomenal by the way), but then I caught a glimpse of this woman, and the way she wore her eyeliner. The image stopped me. Suddenly all I wanted to know was who she was. Turns out she's a force of nature.

Shirin Neshat is a filmmaker and visual artist of Iraninan descent, as well as a recipient of the award for Best Director at the Venice Film Festival for her film, Women Without Men. The commercial I thought I was walking away from was for a program she was featured on called SundayArts. Check out the clip below. And then if you're so inclined, as I was, go to your mirror with your favorite black eyeliner and try to emulate her eye makeup. I call it The Shirin, and I wear my version every chance I get. Brain candy beauty.  I love it.  Don't you?


Watch the full episode. See more SundayArts.

No comments:

Post a Comment