Thursday, February 17, 2011

allure turns 20 and i want it. (i think)

I haven't purchased an actual (paper) issue of Allure magazine in quite some time.  You gotta trim the subscription addiction  habit somehow, and I have been good: Now I only get Elle, Ebony, Bust, Oprah, Time Out, and New York magazines.  But I just read that Allure turns 20 years old with its March issue (on stands February 22), AND that part of the celebration includes a survey that reveals diversity as the new standard of beauty in America.  Come on.  Sold.  I'm even tempted to re-introduce the magazine to my subscription fold, even if only for nostalgia's sake.

It's precisely because I would make such a move that my partner has been "threatening" to buy me the nook.  "The nook is coming honey," he'll joke, every time he hands me a magazine from the mailbox, "so you should just get use to the idea, it's coming."  We end up in stitches laughing our asses off, with him reminding me that somebody must have felt like me when they invented the wheel.  Can you believe him?  The wheel.


Low blow.
But kind of true.
And I may not have the most solid argument, (ahem!) on paper, but am I the only one who still enjoys thumbing through a paper magazine? Am I the last one?  Do you subscribe to any magazines in paper form?  Have you switched to a digital reader? Howcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment