Saturday, February 5, 2011

saturday special: man beauty, clyde

Former NBA star and now Knicks broadcaster Walt Frazier. 
They started calling him Clyde during his playing days when he bought a wide brimmed hat that reminded folks of the movie (Bonnie and Clyde.)

"The first time I wore the hat, everybody laughed at me. My teammates and, I remember, the guys on the other team, because they'd never seen anything like that. But that's part of my individuality," he says. "Like, when I was in high school, I never drank, because I'm not afraid of being ostracized from a group if there's something I don't want to do." 

-excerpt from a One On 1 segment with Bud Mishkin (on NY1)

His recently re-issued 1974 book, Rockin' Steady-A Guide to Basketball & Cool includes a chapter entitled  "A General Guide to Looking Good and Other Matters."

Need I say more?
Run to the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment