Monday, June 6, 2011

black girl tanning

photo: getty images
Olu Gittens, an African-American film making beauty with a complexion she describes as "a rich cocoa-brown hue", and "mahogany-colored" , went to a tanning salon in New York City and wrote a brilliant piece about her experience, which appears on Coco and Creme:
" Heading home from my gym in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, I had often passed a luxury tanning salon courting new customers. I would brush off the marketers who seemed to waste my time and theirs by trying to hand me coupon cards for discounts on luxury tans. But I became more and more curious each time. What was it like to go to a tanning salon? Determined to spread the word about their services like church people handing out ministry tracts, they drew me in. On a whim one day, I finally took one. " (cocoandcreme.com)
Continue reading here.

No comments:

Post a Comment