Wednesday, September 21, 2011

dukexxx - the next level in saggy pants (what the...?)


photo: dukexxx on facebook
Guess what they've done. 
In this case, they are DUKEXXX Clothing and they have created a saggy pant that doesn't sag, so that "saggers" can have alternatives in the face of the controversy their sartorial choices are rousing.  Yes.  "With DUKEXXX clothing, the boxers are sewn into the black, denim shorts; they are both attached into one piece of clothing." (PR NEwswire)

photo: dukexxx on facebook
See, between Florida oulawing saggy pants in public schools, other states following that lead, and New York City's Metropolitan Etiquette Authority launching the "Pull Up Your Pants" poster campaign, self expression is apparently under siege in the sagger world.  Saggers aren't happy.  Saggers need solutions.  Saggers have rights.  Even the ACLU is involved, and I understand on some level. 

I don't really mind the occasionally visible underwear waistband, but what I have peen privy to on these city sidewalks could turn pant sagging into an olympic sport.  I've seen people waddle, alter their entire way of walking, in order to attempt to keep their pant waistband, often belted, just below their ass cheeks.  It's actually quite a feat to behold. 

photo: Ellis Peters
And it's the wonder of it all that gets me:  Wow, the right to sag your pants.  The right to walk around looking like your pants are falling off.  The right to assault strangers' eyes with a mandatory visual of the outline of your ass cheeks, since all that separates them from the world is flimsy UNDERwear material. Deep. 

I myself prefer ye 'ole Ass-In-Pant look.  You?

via PR Newswire.


4 comments:

  1. "I myself prefer ye 'ole Ass-In-Pant look."

    Yep, same here. I've been intrigued by a peek of underwear waistband now and then, but that's plenty for me.

    On a practical note, the dukexxx pants look inconvenient; you'd either have to: 1) wash the whole pant 'n' boxer garment every time you wore it OR 2)wear it several times between washes and thereby be wearing dirty, visible underwear OR 3)wear underwear UNDER your dukexxx... but what if your REAL underwear show along with your dukexxx undies?

    That said, when I was a teenager I wore my pants dangling off my hipbones, and didn't mind if strangers saw a bit of my underwear. That was a long time ago, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!!! Rebekah, thank you for reading the post and writing your hilarious comment. Love it! So true!! Thanks for making me laugh so hard after a tough day.
    As for your teenage years, you are completely absolved: Don't tell anybody (heheh), but I still wear pants that hang off my hips from time to time (nothing super low, but still a little glimpse is possible here and there) but I usually pair them with tops that are long enough to cover the area in question. Ahem!
    Peace.
    yassira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I came to you by way of Jaunty Dame. Saggers make me nervous. As if I don't have enough to worry about with two young boys in tow and their associated wardrobe malfunctions, now I have to worry about whether or not someone else's pants are going to fall down. It's just not relaxing in the park anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! No place is safe, not even the park. Hi Christine! Thanks for stopping by re:thinking!
    And many thanks to Jaunty Dame!

    ReplyDelete